Do you live within riding distance of Birmingham?
A New Urban Bike Show Is Coming To Town – so say the organisers of the On Two Wheels Bike Show
This show is on tomorrow – 18th July 2010 – at Birmingham City Football Club
Because, so says their website, motorcycle, scooter and moped riders are involved in a disproportionately high number of crashes and, no matter who is to blame, they usually come off worst.
This new event is being organised by West Midlands Casualty Reduction Scheme, West Midlands BikeSafe and West Midlands Police to highlight the problem in a friendly and positive way, by hosting an interactive and informative event.
You will be able to talk to riding instructors, road safety officers, police motorcycle officers and other experts about travelling safely on two wheels.
A wealth of free information and advice will help you to make the right decisions about rider assessment schemes, training courses and buying the best protective clothing and body armour.
The show will feature the following:
- Manufacturers, dealers and retailers will be on hand to offer advice about bike security devices, insurance options, tyre choice, machine maintenance and much more.
- Two stunt shows • Live demonstrations • Manufacturer & dealer displays
- 2010 demo bikes* • Guided BikeSafe ride-outs • Slow-riding displays
- Try-Before-You-Buy moped zone • Race Bike Experience • Retail stands
- ‘Teenage Dreams’ bike display • ‘First In Fashion’ display
- Expert advice and information about . . .
- Rider assessment schemes • Training options • Choosing the best motorcycle clothing
- Bike security • Bike insurance • Bike maintenance
These bike shows are a great idea and anything that helps to educate new riders as well as us old hands is a good thing.
They also encourage younger people (and Joe Public) to look at motorcycle riding in a positive light with a view to being something they might like to do in the future.
If you want to read more about what’s planned then click here to go to the website